Thursday, January 26, 2012

News & Updates

The ol' blog has been a bit quiet lately. Just working away in and out of the studio. So lets see whats going on with me.....
This Friday there is an opening reception for an all woman group show I am in. You should come by and check it out.
EnDanger
Opening Friday Jan 27th - 7pm
On The Corner Music
530 E Campbell Ave
Campbell, CA 95008

Awesome Artists include:Tracie Elliott
Anabella Pinon
Shannon Amidon
Allison Karn
Rachel Wright
Frances Marin
Veronica Graham
Kim Christman
Kook Teflon


In other news, I recently volunteered to teach a class of high school seniors about encaustic art. It was a great experience, all the students were very considerate, polite, creative and very talented. At first I was a little apprehensive because I have never worked with high school students, especially not 30 of them. I wasn't sure how they would respond to me or the art. I gave them a quick overview of myself and the process and them cut them loose. I didn't want to give them too many restrictions as this was more about learning the materials. All of them created great pieces and the teacher later told me they had wonderful things to say about the lesson. It was a really fulfilling and fun experience that I hope I can do more of.

I also have a few other things in the works, I am working on some art for City Hall for the Eco Art Grant project. Busy making lots of new artwork for a feature show in April - more info on that soon. Plus I am learning how to make my own Eco friendly paint and will be giving a demo at Kaleids next Two Buck Tuesday event. That's it for now, I am sure there is something I am forgetting but I just wanted to start somewhere.

Happy New Year!

No comments: