Wednesday, July 06, 2011

In search of the Northern Lights


Happy Summer ! I hope you are enjoying the warmer weather and longer days. This year has been so amazing for me, and it keeps getting better.

I am very excited to share that I have been invited to another artist residency. This November I will be heading out to Herhúsid Artist Residency in Siglufjördur Iceland, for a month. I know this residency will present unique physical and mental challenges with the average temperature in Nov at 30⁰F and only 4-6 hours of sunlight. But, I am really looking forward to experiencing the Northern Lights and the unique landscape of glaciers, volcanoes, waterfalls, geothermal springs, rolling pastures and much more.
My Silicon Valley Arts Council Fellowship Grant will assist me with airfare, food and art supplies. I have a couple of projects in mind to work on during my stay including continuing work on my hand hand woven photographs that I began in Costa Rica.
In addition to that wonderful news I also have two solo exhibits, one group exhibit and several art festival/fairs coming up.

I am excited to invite you to the following events:

Solo Exhibitions:
Solo Exhibition - Efflorescence Series
September 1st - October 30th
Saratoga Library
13650 Saratoga Avenue
Saratoga, CA
I will exhibiting select pieces from my Efflorescence Series
Solo Exhibition - Wax Libris
September 1st - October 30th
Cafe Trieste
315 S 1st St
San Jose, CA
I will be exhibiting all new encaustic book art pieces

Group Exhibition:

Memento Mori
Opening Reception on August 20th, 2011
Modern Eden Gallery
403 Francisco st.
San Francisco, CA
I will have one new encaustic piece in this show. Modern Eden also carries my upcycled bullet jewelry

Art Fairs & Festivals:

STREET MRKT - First Fridays Art Walk
Friday August 5th
7:00pm – 10:00pm
SoFA District (So. First Street between San Carlos and E. Reed streets)
I will have a booth and be selling my artwork and jewelry

STREET MRKT - First Fridays Art Walk
Friday September 2nd
7:00pm – 10:00pm
First Fridays Art Walk
SoFA District (So. First Street between San Carlos and E. Reed streets)
I will have a booth and be selling my artwork and jewelry

SJMADE
Saturday & Sunday September 17th & 18th
San Pedro Square Market
I will have a booth and be selling my jewelry

4th Annual Luna Park Chalk Art Festival
Saturday September 24th
10:00am – 4pm
Backesto Park, San Jose, CA

Come and enjoy some amazing chalk artists, Aztec dancers and lots of arts and crafts. Proceeds benefit arts education in local schools
I will have a booth and be selling my artwork and jewelry

No comments: