Saturday, April 10, 2010

Upcoming Events

Thank you for your ongoing support of my artwork and creative development. This year marks an important milestone for me as I have been seriously exhibiting for 10 years. In honor of this accomplishment, I am pleased to announce three important upcoming events. You are invited to join me to experience my latest collection and to celebrate my artistic journey.

Silicon Valley Open Studios
May 1st & 2nd
11:00am – 5:00pm
My Home Studio
492 Arleta Ave
San Jose, CA 95128
Directions

To celebrate, my Open Studio will feature “A Decade of Art.” I will present a tableau of my favorite series from the last ten years along with my gift collections. The event also gives me an opportunity to introduce my brand new art studio. I am excited and thrilled to share my new creative space with everyone.

Compartment continues their collaboration with me this year at Open Studios. They preview a new adaptive live sound installation.

Live ambient lo-fi grooves will be provided by CAMP.

To learn more about my Open Studio, the sound installation by Compartment and CAMP go to: http://www.shannonamidon.com/events.html


Efflorescence
Featured Artist Exhibit
Opening Reception May 7th 6pm
Kaleid Gallery
88 South 4th Street
San Jose, CA 95112

I will be one of the featured artists in a two-person exhibit at KALEID Gallery in San Jose. I will be exhibiting pieces from my Efflorescence series including a large site-specific wall installation. Efflorescence is a series comprised of distinctive lumen prints inspired by my interest in blending artistic renderings of nature with old world photographic techniques.

An integral part of the exhibit is a collection of auditory journeys entitled “Incremental Phases” presented by Compartment and inspired by my pieces.

At the opening of the show, Compartment will be presenting an adaptive live sound installation. Digital images from the art presented will be used to transform both pre-recorded audio and live audio captured from the gallery. For opening night only, come see a true melding of visual art and aural art.

To learn more about my KALEID exhibit and Compartments sound installation go to: http://www.shannonamidon.com/events.html


Two Buck Tuesdays
May 18th 6:30pm-8:30pm
Kaleid Gallery
88 South 4th Street
San Jose, CA 95112

I will be giving a talk, a Q&A session, and a demonstration of the print-making process for my Efflorescence series. TWO BUCK Tuesdays is an all day $2 art sale and speaker series on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at KALEID Gallery.


.

No comments: