Sunday, January 18, 2009

Not much to say

I admit I have been neglecting my blog lately. Lots of big life changes happening keeping me busy but also in limbo if that makes sense. I am superstitious so no clues on what the changes are until they actually happen.

So what I can tell you is that I have been reading obsessively and its talking up way to much of my time but I can’t seem to stop. I have signed up for Open Studios in May. I like having deadlines so Open Studios will give me the kick I need to really pull everything together. I have been creating, I have about 120 lumen prints created and lots more to make. The project is evolving in interesting new ways.

I recently got a new book “Caffeine for the Creative Mind - 250 exercises to wake up your brain” and started a creativity group with some friends. The plan is to work on a few of the exercises and meet once a month to share our results. I realized that I really need to practice my creativity in a variety of ways to keep myself sharp. I plan to post the outcome of my projects. We will see how the group works out. We have our fist meting in a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Malonie Blue said...

Hi Shannon
That sounds like a really good idea. I would love to hear how the group goes.
As a teacher of young children I would like to adapt the idea of a daily creative challenge to suit the age group.
Keep creating!
Malonie