Friday, April 04, 2008

Upcomming Events

Los Gatos Art Associations Annual Show
The Los Gatos Art Association, a non-profit organization dedicated to the enrichment and support of the arts community. Their mission is to promote creative expression in the pictorial and allied arts by fostering high standards, extending appreciation and encouraging cooperation and camaraderie among artists.In April I will be participating in the Los Gatos Art Associations Annual Show.

I will be exhibiting "Dragonfly" from my "Into Pieces" series.

Opening Reception Sunday April 6th, 1:00pm-4:00pm

Exhibit Runs April 3rd-May 2nd
Art Museum of Los Gatos
Corner of 4 Tait and W. Main St.
Los Gatos, CA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
«Intersections»
As a staff member of SJSU College of Business for the past 7 years I have found that there are many creative people working here. With the encouragement from my fellow co-workers I have organized the First Annual Staff and Faculty Art Exhibit.

While the SJSU College of Business faculty and staff are known for their business and administrative talent,the First Annual Staff and Faculty Art Exhibit, hosted by the Department of Marketing & Decision Sciences, proves that aesthetic talent is in abundance too.

SJSU College of Business Staff & Faculty Art Exhibit
April 21s t- May19th
Business Tower
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Silicon Valley Open Studios
This year I am participating in Silicon Valley Open Studios. Every year, during the first three weekends in May, more than 300 Silicon Valley artists open their studios to the public. This free event lets you discover some exciting new artistic talent, or get up close and personal with some of your favorite artists. Here you'll discover the tremendous diversity and wealth of artistic talent in this creative valley
I will be exhibiting a variety of artwork including my most recent series "Into Pieces". I will also have prints, cards, and gifts.

Please join me in sharing my artwork, music by Compartment and Astronout and lots of fun.

May 17th & 18th
11:00am - 5:00pm
My Home Studio1108 Delno Ave
San Jose, CA 95126

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Birds & Blooms
As everyone knows nature and the environment are very important parts of my artwork. I am inspired by and hold them very near and dear to my heart.In June I will be participating in a fundraising event for Environmental Volunteers . I have created and will be donating a birdhouse to be auctioned at the “Birds & Blooms” Birdhouse Auction and Garden Party. The funds generated will help nearly 200 trained volunteers deliver hands-on, discovery based science and nature education to over 10,000 students in our local schools this year. Helping inspire the next generation of scientists and environmentally aware citizens.

To watch a time lapse video of me creating my birdhouse go to: http://www.youtube.com/shannonamidon

Sunday, June 1, 2008
250 Camino al Lago
Atherton
1:00 p.m - 4:00 p.m.
$75 per Ticket
Adult Guests Only, Please

To find out more about the event please visit. http://www.evols.org/birdsblooms.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kaleid Gallery
For the past year I have been exhibiting and selling my artwork at Kaleid Gallery. I frequently rotate my work so stop by often to see whats hanging.

KALEID Gallery
88 South Fourth Street (at San Fernando)
Downtown San Jose
Tuesday - Friday Noon - 7p.m.
Saturday Noon - 5p.m.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: