Sunday, October 28, 2007

What's Happening with Me

I have lots of great things happening right now and I would like to invite you to and share them with you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fundraiser -

I am participating in a benefit for an AIDS orphanage in Uganda. Currently, the orphanage - Zinunula Omunaku Educational Centre, does not have any running water, hardwire electricity, plumbing or medical facility. Since the orphanage is far from the capital and does not have a vehicle, it is often very difficult for the children to obtain medical care. The purpose of this benefit is to raise funds for the orphanage to improve the amenities available thus increasing the quality of life for all the children.

30% of all of my artwork sold on this night will go to the Zinunula Omunaku Educational Centre.

November 10th
7:00pm-9:00pm
KALEID Gallery
88 South Fourth Street (at San Fernando)
Downtown San Jose
Cocktail Attire
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6th Annual Holiday Gallery of Gifts -

I will be exhibiting and selling work from my new series “Into Pieces”. I have four new miniature pieces displayed; three of the new pieces incorporate semi precious stones on them. I will also have prints from my “Subtle Meditations Series” available.

The Holiday Gallery of Gifts offers a wonderful assortment of original works of art, photography, textiles, jewelry, hand-blown glass, handmade books, clothing, cards and unique gifts for the Holiday Season as presented by over 70 local artists.

Nov 2nd – Dec 22nd
KALEID Gallery
88 South Fourth Street (at San Fernando)
Downtown San Jose

Tuesday - Friday Noon - 7p.m.Saturday Noon - 5p.m.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Blog –

I have a new photo blog “Viewfinder” that is my attempt to keep from rusting. I am keeping a camera in my purse at all times with the goal of goal posting weekly photos. Pictures that inspire and interest me, photos testing different styles or lenses, candid personal shots, or anything to keep me practicing my craft. You can check it out here:
http://shannons-viewfinder.blogspot.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Links –

http://www.shannonamidon.com/
http://shannonamidon.blogspot.com/
http://shannons-viewfinder.blogspot.com/

No comments: