Wednesday, December 27, 2006

An amazing year

It’s always around this time of year that you look back and assess the past year and look forward to what the New Year holds. As I look back on this past year it was truly amazing. One of the biggest events was turning 30, which ended up not being that big a deal after all. This year I traveled to Peru, Hawaii, and all up and down California. I exhibited my artwork in 10 shows this year, including the incredible show at San Francisco State University. I went back to school and started taking classes at SJSU for event planning. Anyone who knows me knows that planning parties and events is one of my passions. I should be finished with that program next May. I have been taking cake decorating classes. Those have been a lot of fun and I am learning a lot. It combines creativity and sugar two of my favorite things. This year I also bought a new car, Scion XA, rappelled 165ft into a moaning cavern and celebrated my 8 year wedding anniversary. To top it all off I got what I wanted for Christmas, a Kitchen Aid stand mixer in chrome. It has been a good year full of wonderful experiences and lots of learning. I plan on spending New Years with a few close friends, eating, drinking, and having fun.

Now for next year, my wheels are already turning. I get to start the year off with a trip to Lake Tahoe. I plan on taking some skiing or snowboarding lessons. I will be continuing my event planning classes at SJSU as well as more cake decorating and baking classes. I have big plans for the year. I don’t want to jinx anything so I am not going to be too specific. I like to have everything planned and in place before I do the big reveal.

No comments: