Sunday, July 09, 2006

Rappelling is not fun

I went rappelling down a 165ft cavern yesterday and it was not the barrel of fun I thought it would be. I can’t even begin to describe it, it was very difficult and scary. Never having done anything like that before and not getting a lot of direction made it even more intense. To top it off after rappelling down we had to walk 234 stairs back up to the top. The cavern was beautiful with stalagmites and other formations. I didn’t get to see much of it as I was rappelling down because I was concentrating on not dieing. I am a bit bruised up sore today but over all it was a good adventure, a lot different than I anticipated though. Below are some pictures.

My fancy rappelling outfit, don’t you like my gloves?


Going down


Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts


Yayyyy, I am alive

No comments: