Sunday, October 09, 2005

Viva Las Vegas

I feel like I am getting old, Vegas was fun but it just doesn’t do anything for me anymore. I crave experiences that are enriching and have substance. Drinking, gambling and eating just isn’t it. One thing I did appreciate was how beautifully everything was decorated. No detailed was spared from the floor to the ceiling. The decorative arts are something that I feel has been lost. Craftsmanship and attention to detail has been lost with mass production. I am know most of the things I saw were fake but it was still nice to enjoy.

Autumn exhibit at the conservatory of flowers


Lights coming down from ceiling in the Penn & Teller Theater


Autumn exhibit at the conservatory of flowers


Ceiling at the Ballagio


The Strip


View from our room

No comments: